Sunday, December 13, 2020

Coyote Run

Hiked: 12/13/2020
Distance: 7.5 miles round trip on trail
Summit Elevation: N/A
Elevation Gain: 350'
Elevation Gain (in Empire State Buildings): 0.3
Round trip time: 45 minutes
Recommended water: 16 oz.
Parking/Fees: $3 OC Parks
Difficulty: Easy

Coyote Run is an easy trail in the Aliso-Wood Canyon County Park. Like most trails in the park, it is used primarily by mountain bikers, but hikers are on the trail, too. I got a Trek 7 bike this year and have been learning how to ride, but I'm still a rank beginner. I try to get a short ride in once a week and plan to eventually do some hybrid bike-hike trips where a bike would eliminate monotonous sections of trail. I'd always wondered how biking compared to hiking as far as difficulty. I would rate it more difficult than walking and less difficult than running.

2 comments:

  1. Over to The Dark Side! Nice bike--congrats. Should you see some weirdo on Sunday afternoons rummaging off trailside in the bushes while muttering obscenities and waving grabber-tool and trashbag--that will probably be me. i sometime use an old beater mtb as a shuttle--with a seriously HD cable/padlock to deter disappearance. Hope to see you out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloop,

      Thanks for the trash patrol. I'll be on the lookout.

      Delete