Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Mount Oddie, NV

Hiked: 7/29/2024
Distance: 0.8 miles round trip on dirt road
Summit Elevation: 6640'
Elevation Gain: 425'
Elevation Gain (in Empire State Buildings): 0.3
Round trip time: 25 minutes
Recommended water: 0 oz.
Parking/Fees: Free on Mountain Loop Road
Difficulty: Easy

It was hot in Tonopah, NV when I arrived. I was passing through and thought I might be able to get one of the local peaks close to sunset. I decided to hit Mount Oddie. I drove less than half a mile on a dirt road to reach the shaded east side. I parked at the start of the steep part of the road and set out with no pack and no water. After 7 PM, it had cooled off to around 70F and I completed the round trip in 25 minutes. A small rock outcrop near the tower was the high point. No marks, no register. I had a nice view of Tonopah and the other peaks.



Looking down on Tonopah


Truck looks very small on the road below


Locals

No comments:

Post a Comment