Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Table Mountain

Hiked: 6/11/2024
Distance: 0.6 miles round trip on road and use trail
Summit Elevation: 7516'
Elevation Gain: 150'
Elevation Gain (in Empire State Buildings): 0.1
Round trip time: 15 minutes
Recommended water: 0 oz.
Parking/Fees: Free at Table Mountain parking lot
Difficulty: Easy

Table Mountain was my first stop on a planned tour of several peaks north of the Angeles Crest Highway. Table Mountain is primarily a ski area, but there was also a disc golf course spread around the area. The summit housed some kind of government facility. I parked in the parking lot and followed the paved road to the summit. In addition to a tower, the summit had an intact benchmark set in a cement block. There wasn't much else to see. On the way down, I followed a trail that is part of the disc golf course. The entire trip took 15 minutes, a mild warm up. Mount Lewis was supposed to be next on my list. I was surprised when I got to Vincent Gap and saw the gates on the ACH closed. I didn't expect it to be closed in mid-June. The rest of my planned summits were blocked. I sat in the truck for awhile trying to come up with a backup plan. I remembered Blue Ridge road was open when I passed it, so I decided to drive down the road and hike to Pine Mountain on the North Backbone Trail. It was relatively short and a beautiful part of the forest. I turned around and headed toward Blue Ridge.




View from the summit toward the government facility


Disc golf tee

No comments:

Post a Comment