Thursday, November 7, 2019

Pocket Mouse Hill

Hiked: 11/7/2019
Distance: 0.9 miles round trip on trail
Summit Elevation: 400'
Elevation Gain: 213'
Elevation Gain (in Empire State Buildings): 0.2
Round trip time: 19 minutes
Recommended water: 0 oz.
Parking/Fees: Free on San Luis Rey
Difficulty: Easy

This tiny hill was supposed to be a bonus on the way back from a bigger hike in San Diego County, but I had a little free time in the morning so decided to cross it off the list. I didn't take a pack. I followed the wide trail up and the use trail down. Both trails are sandy since it is so close to the beach. The morning marine layer hid the ocean views. I should have waited until late morning for it burn off. There was a tall pole of unknown purpose at the summit and nothing else. Didn't see any mice, but I did see a rabbit. I'm not the only one with low standards. There are dozens of peakbaggers that have documented their conquest of Pocket Mouse Hill.





2 comments:

  1. Don't consider it having low standards! Consider it as being a connoisseur of summits! A summit is a summit regardless of height and gain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unknown,

      Thanks, I'm only a little ashamed, haha.

      Delete