Sunday, March 16, 2014

Scully Hill

Hiked: 3/16/2014
Distance: 1.5 miles round trip on dirt road and cross country
Summit Elevation: 925'
Prominence: 25'
Elevation Gain: 600'
Elevation Gain (in Empire State Buildings): 0.48
Round trip time: 21 minutes
Recommended water: 0 oz.
Parking/Fees: Free at Green River Country Club
Difficulty: Easy

It was 91F when I got out of my car at the Green River Country Club parking lot. I walked across the mostly full lot, past the busy driving range, hoping no one would pay any attention to me since I was clearly not dressed as a golfer. Just past the main building, a road drops toward the railroad tracks. A dirt road starts up Scully Hill on the other side at a moderate grade. I jogged about half way up, then walked to a junction where a utility road cuts left and down toward an electrical tower. From there, I went cross country straight up the hill. The summit had a square cement marker with ridges, but no writing on it. After enjoying the view for about 15 seconds, I started directly down the front of the hill until I hit the road, then jogged the rest of the way to the parking lot. No one seemed to notice as I saved my track file and drove away.


Scully Hill from the Green River Golf Club


Sierra Peak across highway 91 from Scully Hill summit

No comments:

Post a Comment