Friday, October 5, 2018

Wild Things v10

Hiked: 10/5/2018
Distance: 6.6 miles round trip on trail
Difficulty: Easy

The Santa Ana trailcam was trapped in a poor location for weeks after the Holy Fire. When the area reopened, I picked it up and it had no interesting animals on it. I moved it to a game trail in the same general area and over the next 12 days, it recorded a deer party. It looked like at least five different deer visited the area. Like many parties, this one ended in a fight. Two bucks lock horns, though it looks more like play than a serious fight. It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. I guess bucks will be bucks. I am hoping that over the next few weeks, a predator wanders by. If not, I'm going to move it back to the Babushka watering hole.



No comments:

Post a Comment