Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wild Things v9

Hiked: 8/1/2018
Distance: 1.2 miles round trip on trail
Difficulty: Easy

Babushka the bobcat was up to her usual antics. Vlad the fox only visited twice, probably moving on to a better source of water. The coyote family made an appearance, along with the red tailed hawk, though I can't tell if it's the same one I saw last month. New to the watering hole was a roadrunner, a young buck, and a squirrel. I moved this camera to a new location on the other side of Ortega Highway. I doubt the new location will render such a variety of wildlife, but I thought it was time to explore. If it turns out to be a bust, I can always come back to this trusty spot, especially when the water returns.


Roadrunner


Young buck


Babushka runs the place






Vlad the grey fox


No comments:

Post a Comment